Jan 6, 2016
Functional medicine practitioner and gut health specialist Dr. Michael Ruscio is our interview guest today in Episode 1056 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
The importance of optimizing your gut microbiome is on the radar screen of so many researchers, practitioners, and even educated patients these days that it's almost impossible for the rest of the world to continue to ignore it. That's why a doctor, clinical researcher, author, podcaster and functional medicine practitioner named Dr. Michael Ruscio from DrRuscio.com (listen to his previous interview on the show in Episode 985), one of the world's foremost authorities on gut health and digestion, is currently performing two clinical trials in the treatment of digestive conditions. He realizes that this message is the future focal point of medicine and is doing his part to take that message around the world. To that end, Dr. Ruscio will be giving a full day of talks about this subject practitioners and laypeople alike on January 17, 2016 at the (re)Find Health conference in London, England.
Listen in as Jimmy and Dr. Ruscio give a preview of his London talk as they discuss the gut microbiome and the carbohydrate impact on feeding the gut bugs, the concerns of low-carb diets on gut health and thyroid, why a lot of the messages about the microbiome and ketogenic diets from the Paleo community are misguided, and a whole lot more. Dr. Michael Ruscio is a brilliant articulator of this complex issue and we hope you enjoy this interview with him today.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1056
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Try the KETO//OS exogenous ketones supplement
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get low-carb, sugar-free, grain-free Good Dee's Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (use coupon code "LLVLC" at checkout for 10% off your order)
- Dr. Michael Ruscio bio
- Meet Dr. Ruscio at the (re)Find Health conference in London, England on January 17, 2016
- Dr. Ruscio Radio
- Dr. Ruscio articles on digestion and gut health
- Dr. Ruscio on Facebook
- Dr. Ruscio on Twitter
- Dr. Ruscio on YouTube
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #985: Dr. Michael Ruscio Shares The Truth About Low-Carb Diets And Gut Health