Jan 18, 2016
Auckland, New Zealand-based professor of public health, researcher, and author Professor Grant Schofield is our interview guest today in Episode 1060 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Fat is making a pretty major comeback of sorts over the past couple of years as more and more people are finally realizing we've been sold a big fat lie about how harmful it is to our health. And for a respected PhD public health academic for the past two decades hailing from Auckland, New Zealand known as "The Fat Professor," the time is now to take this message to the masses in a big way. His name is Professor Grant Schofield from ProfGrant.com and he has authored a brand new whimsically-titled book on this subject entitled What the Fat?: Fat's IN: Sugar's OUT Practical guide and recipes (learn more about it at WhatTheFatBook.com).
Listen in as Jimmy and Grant talk about the wave of change that is now underway in nutritional health, the role of exercise in healthy living (especially for children), the process of change in what we tell people what to eat, what it is going to take to make real change happen, whether fighting this fight is even worth it, how to vastly improve your nutrition with a low-carb, high-fat diet, and why we should all be our own personal researchers conducting N=1 experiments to bring about real change in our culture. This is a critically important interview you'll want to listen to and share.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1060
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get these zero carb, 100% grass fed beef sticks for 30% off regular price (discount automatically applied clicking on this link)
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get VESPA fat-burning booster (use coupon code LLVLC for 15% off)
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get your own fat-based FBomb products from JimmyLovesFBomb.com
- Professor Grant Schofield bio
- What the Fat?: Fat's IN: Sugar's OUT Practical guide and recipes
- Grant on Facebook
- Grant on Twitter
- Grant's 2015 TEDxAuckland lecture: Recipe for access: Putting the public into public health
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #893: Dr. Caryn Zinn And Prof. Grant Schofield: August 2014 Low-Carb Down Under Seminar Series
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #758: Grant Schofield/Christine Cronau: 2013 Low-Carb Down Under Seminar Series