Mar 15, 2016
Kombucha expert and author Hannah Crum is our guest today in Episode 1085 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Gut health is officially back on the map again for so many people now as we have rekindled our love and desire for returning to the traditions and techniques of the past when disease was less prevalent. One of these popular methods was fermentation (which Jimmy addressed in Episode 52 of Ask The Low-Carb Experts) to increase the good healthy bacteria that live inside your gut. Sauerkraut, kefir, yogurt, and kombucha are all making a major comeback in recent years because of the emphasis on fermented foods from groups like The Weston A. Price Foundation, the Paleo community, and the real food movement in general. For a woman who calls herself "The Kombucha Mamma" named Hannah Crum from KombuchaKamp.com, this rekindling of interest in fermented tea brings a great big smile to her face. Hannah was a guest on this show last year in Episode 973 when she told us about a book she was working on all about kombucha and now it's here: The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea.
Listen in as Jimmy and Hannah talk about this 400-page book full of flavor inspirations and cocktail recipes, the robust international history and research behind kombucha, how kombucha will change your health for the better, the increased awareness and availability of fermented foods now, how easy it is to get started making your own kombucha, the celebrity endorsement of people like Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods for her book, and so much more. If you've got questions about kombucha, then Hannah Crum is your go-to resource for getting the answers you need.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1085
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get these zero carb, 100% grass fed beef sticks for 30% off regular price (discount automatically applied clicking on this link)
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the new lemon-lime flavored Jigsaw Electrolyte Supreme supplement (Get $10 off your order with coupon code "LLVLC")
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Try the all-new Cookies & Cream Quest Protein Powder
- Hannah "The Kombucha Mamma" Crum bio
- The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea
- The Kombucha Kamp blog
- Hannah on Twitter
- Hannah on Facebook
- Hannah on Instagram
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #973: Hannah Crum Offers Up Comprehensive Kombucha Info At The Kombucha Kamp
- RELATED PODCAST: Ask The Low-Carb Experts #52: Jill Ciciarelli | All Things Fermented (Fermentation 101)