Feb 7, 2017
Biochemist, healthcare management consultant, and author of The Secret Life of Fat Dr. Sylvia Tara is our interview guest featured today in Episode 1217 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Sylvia Tara holds a Ph.D. in biochemistry from The University of California, San Diego and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. She was a healthcare management consultant with McKinsey & Company, and has worked for the world’s largest biotechnology companies.
After an extended battle with fat, Dr. Tara became fascinated with its resiliency and embarked on a mission to better understand it. The Secret Life of Fat is the culmination of years of research and interviews with physicians, patients and leading scientists. Fat is an obsession, a dirty word, a subject of national hand-wringing, and our least understood body part.
The Secret Life of Fat brings together historical perspective and cutting-edge research to reveal fat’s true identity: an organ that is critical to our health. Fat triggers timely puberty, enables our reproductive organs, strengthens our bones and immune systems, affects brain size and may even extend our lives. Fat is so critical, in fact, that nature has endowed it with many means to fight for its survival despite our numerous attempts to rid ourselves of it. Give today's episode a listen as Jimmy and Sylvia discuss her new book and explore the role of this misunderstood organ.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1217
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the new lemon-lime flavored Jigsaw Electrolyte Supreme supplement (Get $10 off your order with coupon code “LLVLC”)
– Listen to Jimmy’s new Friday podcast: Fasting Talk with Jimmy Moore & Dr. Jason Fung Featuring Megan Ramos
– JIMMY AND DR. ADAM NALLY’S NEW SUPPLEMENT LINE: Try the KetoEssentials Multivitamin and Berberine Plus ketogenic-enhancing supplements
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: PaleoValley Grassfed Organs Without the Taste (USE COUPON CODE “LLVLC” FOR 20% OFF)
– Dr. Sylvia Tara bio
– The Secret Life Of Fat
– The Secret Life OF Fat On Amazon.com