Feb 28, 2017
Ironman Triathlete, ultra-marathoner, author and entrepreneur Daniel Schulof is our guest today for Episode 1226 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Recent research suggests that obesity is deadlier for a dog than a lifetime of smoking is for a human being. And yet, incredibly, more than half of the dogs in America today are overweight. We love our dogs as never before in history, but we're still allowing millions of them to die every year from this completely preventable disease. Daniel Schulof from TheOptimalDog.com documents this epidemic among our beloved pets in his memoir-style book Dogs, Dog Food, and Dogma: The Silent Epidemic Killing America's Dogs and the New Science That Could Save Your Best Friend's Life.
Listen in today as Jimmy and Daniel talk about this serious health crisis affecting our animal companions, and what we as pet owners can do about it. Daniel dissects the published scientific literature on canine obesity and explains why so much of what the veterinary community thinks it knows about the topic has in fact been manipulated by the pet food industry and cast into doubt through fascinating new scientific research.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1226
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Try the highest quality of MCT oil on the market called KetoMCT (Get free shipping and 20% off your order with coupon code “LLVLC”)
– Start tracking your health markers for FREE at HeadsUpHealth.com
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: PaleoValley Grassfed Organs Without the Taste (USE COUPON CODE “LLVLC” FOR 20% OFF)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the new lemon-lime flavored Jigsaw Electrolyte Supreme supplement (Get $10 off your order with coupon code “LLVLC”)
– Daniel Schulof bio
– Dogs, Dog Food, and Dogma: The Silent Epidemic Killing America's Dogs and the New Science That Could Save Your Best Friend's Life