Jul 5, 2017
Ketogenic researcher Dr. Jeff Volek is our special 2016 Low Carb USA guest speaker featured in Episode 1281 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Low Carb USA™ is an organization focused on dietary education and support by hosting scientific conferences, providing online coaching and mentoring, and legislative efforts. Low Carb USA™, founded in 2015, hosts educational public conferences at which scientists and doctors present their latest research findings into nutrition and the low-carb lifestyle. Online coaching and mentoring forums are offered to help people learn how to adopt this lifestyle and change their lives. A new initiative is also underway to support a unified coalition of communities advocating science based nutrition advice to influence the USDA to modify dietary guidelines using evidence-based research. For this effort, Low Carb USA™ is joining forces with journalist Nina Teicholz, author of the best-selling book The Big Fat Surprise and the Nutrition Coalition. In July of 2016, they brought together the world’s top medical and scientific minds on how nutrition can treat and prevent serious disease at the largest-ever low-carb conference.
Listen in to hear various lectures from that conference on “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show” podcast all month long to give you a taste of what this event was all about. Today’s lecture is from Jeff Volek, PhD RD Professor, Department of Human Sciences, The Ohio State University. A world-renowned expert in low carbohydrate research, Dr. Volek focuses on the clinical application of ketogenic diets, especially the management of insulin resistance and type-2 diabetes, as well as athletic performance and recovery. He will be sharing his lecture titled “Keto Adaptation and Performance”. And if listening to these lectures gets you excited about attending the Low Carb USA conference coming up August 3-6, 2017 in San Diego California, then GET YOUR TICKETS NOW for this awesome event featuring lots of familiar names and maybe a few new ones as guest speakers who will share more of their knowledge for you to soak in. This conference is great cross between the really science-heavy conferences and the consumer-driven ones for the perfect balance of education and inspiration in your own low-carb lifestyle! Our host Jimmy Moore is excited to be speaking there again this year and hopes to see you there.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1281
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Organic brands you love for less at thrivemarket.com/keto
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: TESTING FOR NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS HAS NEVER BEEN THIS EASY (USE COUPON CODE UNLIMITED FOR $10 OFF)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Visit QuestKeto.com to discover the new ketogenic-friendly meals and snacks
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Jump start your ketogenic diet with PerfectKeto.com/Jimmy (USE PROMO CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Snack without sugar with Nush. Nush-Foods.Myshopify.com/ (Get 20% off your first order with coupon code “JIMMY”)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Drop an FBOMB for the freshest, high-quality fats from JimmyLovesFBomb.com (Get 10% off your first food order with coupon code “JIMMYLOVESFBOMB”)
– Low Carb USA conference coming up August 3-6, 2017 in San Diego California, GET YOUR TICKETS NOW