Apr 9, 2012
Sugar addiction, binge eating, emotional eating, overeating and negative body image specialist Karly Pitman is our guest today on The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
One of our all-time favorite interview guests has got to be the Austin, TX-based founder of an incredible web site for people struggling with a variety of issues surrounding food named Karly Pitman. After years of befriending her online and appreciating how she has helped tens of thousands of people, Jimmy was privileged to meet Karly in person last month and she truly is a beautiful woman inside and out seeking to make this world a better place by offering a listening ear and words of encouragement for those who are downtrodden and discouraged. Her work at “First Ourselves” is just phenomenal for people (mostly women) who continually struggle with weight loss, overeating, body image, binge eating and her favorite topic of sugar addiction.
It’s been a few years since Karly was on this podcast–in Episodes 129, 130 and 227–discussing her own struggles with several eating disorders such as sugar addiction, overeating, bulimia, binge eating disorder, compulsive dieting, and body hatred that gives her a personal and unique perspective on how to best help others going through these same experiences for themselves. Listen in to today’s episode as we discuss Karly’s exciting new workbook/CD package Becoming Binge Free: The growing human(kind)ness therapy for a happier, healthier sugar free you where she outlines six practices that will help you incorporate more kindness into your life (mostly towards yourself) and bring about the kind of changes necessary to put you back on the path towards success with your health pursuits. We love Karly and we know you will too! ENJOY!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 566
- Support our sponsor: Trinity Hill Farms Low-Carb Condiments
- Karly Randolph Pitman bio
- Karly's "First Ourselves" web site
- Becoming Binge Free: The growing human(kind)ness therapy for a happier, healthier sugar free you
- Karly's "growing human(kind)nessTM" concept
- RELATED PODCAST: 129: Karly Pitman Is On A Sugar-Fighting Crusade (Part 1)
- RELATED PODCAST: 130: Karly Pitman Is On A Sugar-Fighting Crusade (Part 2)
- RELATED PODCAST: 227: Karly Pitman Wishes You A Happy Low-Carb Valentine’s Day