Jun 26, 2012
Oral health sciences professor and low-carb diet researcher Dr. Philippe Hujoel is our guest today on The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
Dr. Hujoel quickly came to an understanding about why dental diseases have become worse and worse over the years and he concluded that it comes down to the negative implications of carbohydrate consumption as the primary culprit. He has identified carbohydrates as THE leading cause of dental caries (cavities) and other diseases involving the teeth and gums--and it's not just sugar either. Since 2007, as a researcher professor of oral health sciences at the University of Washington School of Dentistry, he has closely examined the positive results of low-carb nutrition as a means for improving mouth health. Dr. Hujoel has conducted a thorough overview of the science that points the finger of blame directly at carbohydrates and a lack of Vitamin D. Listen in as Jimmy and Dr. Hujoel discuss this frequently missed benefit of livin' la vida low-carb!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 587
- Low-Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore & Friends podcast airing on Fridays
- Dr. Philippe Hujoel bio
- University Of Washington School Of Dentistry
- Dr. Hujoel's Journal Of Dental Research paper "Dietary Carbohydrates and Dental-Systemic Diseases"
- RELATED PODCAST: "Carbohydrates Can Kill" Podcast with Dr. Robert Su and Dr. Philippe Hujoel - Episode 94
- RELATED PODCAST: "Carbohydrates Can Kill" Podcast with Dr. Robert Su and Dr. Philippe Hujoel - Episode 95