Feb 19, 2014
Family practitioner and iodine specialist Dr. Jorge Flechas is our guest today for this LLVLC Show Classic from our golden archives in Episode 783 of "The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show."
We've had a lot of bonafide health experts on this podcast over the past eight years. Many of them you have heard of and others are perhaps more obscure. In this special LLVLC Show Classic episode today, we feature Jimmy's interview with an amazing family doctor in Hendersonville, North Carolina who has his finger on the pulse of iodine deficiency and thyroid disorders. His name is Dr. Jorge Flechas from HelpMyThyroid.com and he has been practicing medicine for nearly four decades while being an internationally sought-after speaker on a variety of health topics. Listen in today as Jimmy asks Dr. Flechas why iodine deficiency is such an epidemic, the ramifications to your health from a lack of iodine, where iodine can be found other than iodized table salt, how diseases like fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism are most likely due to iodine deficiencies, and so much more! This is an LLVLC Show Classic episode to remember.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 783
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: NEW Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Protein Bars
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Cookies & Cream Quest Protein Bar
- Joel Salatin bio
- Dr. Jorge Flechas bio
- Studies published by Dr. Flechas
- Iodine Insufficiency FAQ - Jorge D. Flechas, M.D.
- VIDEO: Iodine Insufficiency and Cancer - Jorge D. Flechas, MD
- VIDEO: Jorge Flechas Total Body Iodine Sufficiency
- Breast Cancer and Iodine: How to Prevent and How to Survive Breast Cancer by Dr. David Derry
- Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It by Dr. David Brownstein