Jul 2, 2014
Author, health innovator, hunter, explorer, and quantified selfer Ashley Tudor is our interview guest today in Episode 837 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
If you've been paying attention to what's been happening with nutritional health in recent years, then you'll already there are two movements that have run along parallel paths in terms of their popularity. One is Paleo which was the #1 diet search term in 2013. But the other one is the quantified self movement with the whole idea of people conducting their own n=1 experiments to see what happens to them when they make changes to some aspect of their diet and lifestyle. Our host Jimmy Moore did this in 2012-2013 with his nutritional ketosis experiment. But if you ask Paleo enthusiast and quantified self-experimenter Ashley Tudor about this, she'd say self-testing is the way you make Paleo work best for you and she's outlined how and why in her new Victory Belt Publishing book entitled Perfecting Paleo: Personalize Your Diet Rules: Ancient Wisdom Meets Self-Testing.
Listen in to hear Jimmy and Ashley discuss why she is a big believer in hunting, how to make quality meats more affordable to the masses, her travels to other countries and her observations about the food culture there, the various experiments she did on herself in her pursuit of perfecting Paleo (including a stint into nutritional ketosis), and so much more. Ashley is a vibrant and articulate representative in the Paleo community that not near enough people know about. Soak in what she has to say in today's episode.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 837
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Try the many flavors of products from Quest Nutrition
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Join Jimmy Moore's Livin' Low-Carb Meal Plan
- Ashley Tudor bio
- Perfecting Paleo: Personalize Your Diet Rules: Ancient Wisdom Meets Self-Testing
- Ashley on Facebook
- Ashley on Twitter
- RELATED PODCAST: Low-Carb Conversations #46: Darryl Edwards And Ashley Tudor Take On Recent Red Meat Study And Pink Slime In Schools
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #658: Guest Host Dave Asprey And Ashley Tudor On Raising A Bulletproof Baby