Jul 14, 2014
Chiropractor, blogger and author Dr. Joe Leonardi is our interview guest today in Episode 841 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
For some reason or another, talking about weight relapse within the low-carb, Paleo, or overall health communities is looked upon as taboo. The thinking goes that if this way of eating is working so well for you, then why would you ever gain weight back again after finding success? Some even assume that either the diet isn't working right or the person just stopped doing the plan when they're actually doing all the right things. We recently featured an interview with Hank Garner about this very subject and today we've got another great low-carb success story who experienced some weight regain. His name is Dr. Joe Leonardi (listen to Jimmy's interview with him way back in Episode 252, a Kingston, Pennsylvania-based chiropractor who famously lost 100+ pounds on a low-carb lifestyle change and was on fire sharing with others about how they could radically alter the future of their weight and health, too.
But then it happened. A stressful part of life started getting in the way along with some unforeseen circumstances that led Dr. Leonardi right back to gaining weight again. He's shared some of the lessons he garnered from that experience in his new book Sometimes The Bastard Returns: A True Life Account Of Obesity Relapse (read Jimmy's review). Listen in as Jimmy and Joe have a rather frank conversation about gaining weight after being successful at taking it off, the intense addiction to carbohydrates that continually pull you away from eating well, the absolute need for consistency in your routine to prevent relapse from taking hold, the difference between having a positive vs. negative attitude about things in your life, and a whole lot more.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 841
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get Athletic Greens from GetNutritionalInsurance.com
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Check out ILoveSkinnyFat.com (Use $5 Off Coupon Code: ILOVESKINNYFAT)
- Dr. Joe Leonardi bio
- Sometimes The Bastard Returns: A True Life Account Of Obesity Relapse
- Jimmy's review of Sometimes The Bastard Returns
- Dr. Leonardi's Chiropractic Wellness Office
- Dr. Leonardi's "Fat Then Fit Now" blog
- Dr. Leonardi on Facebook
- RELATED PODCAST: Low-Carb Conversations #47: Dr. Joe Leonardi And Tara Grant Dig Into The Disconnect Between Medical Care And Chronic Disease
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #252: Dr. Joe Leonardi Went From ‘Fat Then’ To ‘Fit Now’ On Low-Carb
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #832: Hank Garner Speaks Sincerely Of His Struggles After Low-Carb Success