Jul 20, 2016
Holistic dentist and author Dr. Mark Burhenne is our guest today in Episode 1134 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Surprising as it may seem, getting eight hours of sleep is the wrong approach to achieve great health and top performance. Most people with disrupted sleep don't know what they're missing because they've never experienced anything different.
This book will teach you how to achieve your highest quality sleep to become your best, brightest, most capable self.
This 3-step program will show you how you can get the kind of sleep that unlocks your ability to:
- Achieve your perfect weight by suppressing your appetite
- Slow down the aging process
- Wake up happy and refreshed every morning
- Improve your energy levels, concentration and mental focus
- End daytime sleepiness and brain fog
“There are few iron laws of the universe, but here’s one: if you want to be happier, healthier, and more productive, you need to get enough sleep. The 8-Hour Sleep Paradox will help you improve the quality of your sleep, so you’ll feel more alive than ever.”
Mark Burhenne, DDS is a bestselling author and a family and sleep medicine dentist who has been in private practice nearly 30 years, focusing on patient-centered and preventative dental healthcare with patients who come to him from all over the world. He received his degree from the Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco and is a member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. The day his wife was diagnosed with sleep apnea was the day he began learning everything he could about sleep breathing conditions. He is a TEDx speaker and his advice regularly appears on media outlets such as CNN, CBS, Yahoo! Health, The Huffington Post, Prevention, Men's Health, and MindBodyGreen. He is the creator of AsktheDentist.com, dedicated to exploring the mouth-body connection for better overall health.
Why is a dentist talking about sleep?
What is the 8 hour paradox? quantity vs. quality
Connection between quality sleep and carb cravings
Signs of poor sleep quality that show up in the mouth
What to do and what to ask your dentist
How a small airway makes you grind your teeth
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 1134
- Get your FREE jar of Nutiva Coconut Oil from Thrive Market
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the world's first and best low-carb, high-fat, ketogenic bars at GetAdaptBars.com
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the 2015 Ketonix breath ketone analyzer from Ketonix.com
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get America's favorite protein bar--Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar
- Dr. Mark Burhenne bio
- The 8-Hour Sleep Paradox: How We Are Sleeping Our Way to Fatigue, Disease and Unhappiness
- Ask Dr. B a question
- Dr. B on Facebook
- Dr. B on Twitter