Jan 13, 2015
Bicycle designing legend and nutritional health author Grant Petersen is our guest today in Episode 908 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
You might be wondering why Jimmy has invited on the founder and owner of Rivendell Bicycle Works named Grant Petersen who wrote what is widely considered "the bible for bicycle riders" called Just Ride: A Radically Practical Guide to Riding Your Bike. What does this have to do with nutrition and health? Well, after years of believing in the high-carb message for athletes, Grant educated himself on all the latest science about why fat isn't the enemy in our health. Now he's taken all of this newly-acquired knowledge and put it into book form with Eat Bacon, Don't Jog: Get Strong. Get Lean. No Bullshit. It's a plain language food and fitness guide that shares the truth about low-carb, high-fat diets that buck the trend of conventional wisdom. It contains 100 short and funny essays that explain the basic concepts of LCHF in introductory terms that anyone can understand. Listen in to Grant and Jimmy have a fabulous conversation about his new book that also includes nourishing recipes, workouts, and solid information for anyone interested in healthy low-carb living.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 908
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Check out Katie's Keep It Real Food Co. grain-free, low-carb snacks
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Leaf and Love Sugar-Free Organic Lemonade
- Grant Petersen Wikipedia page
- Eat Bacon, Don't Jog: Get Strong. Get Lean. No Bullshit.
- Eat Bacon, Don't Jog Blog
- Rivendell Bicycle Works
- Just Ride: A Radically Practical Guide to Riding Your Bike