Jan 29, 2013
Cancer survivor and ketogenic diet health proponent Elaine Cantin is our guest in Episode 650 of The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!
When Elaine Cantin received the devastating diagnosis that she had breast cancer, her doctors wanted to put her on an aggressive treatment of chemotherapy to deal with it. But this didn't sound good to her at all after watching many of her own family members go down this same road with little success. When Elaine's tumor continued to grow in size, her doctors insisted on emergency surgery and radiation treatments. But she had been already been learning about the ketogenic diet for epilepsy and began implementing her own modified version of this nutritional plan. Within weeks, her tumor shrunk and shrunk until it completely disappeared. Her oncologist was stunned and declared her cancer-free.
After seeing the tremendous success her ketogenic diet had curing her breast cancer, Elaine decided to start using her diet on her son with Type 1 diabetes to see if they could reduce his dependence on insulin. When he sticks with the diet, his blood sugars remain stable without the need for taking insulin. Elaine has documented all of the information she has learned about her version of the ketogenic diet in her book The Cantin Ketogenic Diet: For Cancer, Type I Diabetes & Other Ailments which she talks with Jimmy about in today's interview.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 650
- Get Jimmy's LLVLC iPhone App
- Try Jimmy Moore's Livin' Low-Carb Meal Plan
- Elaine Cantin bio on Facebook
- The Cantin Ketogenic Diet: For Cancer, Type I Diabetes & Other Ailments
- The Cantin Ketogenic Diet Facebook page
- RELATED BLOG POST: "High-Fat, Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet For Cancer Featured On The 700 Club"
- RELATED PODCAST: Ask The Low-Carb Experts #31: Dr. Colin Champ | Ketogenic Diets And CancerEdit Entry
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #628: Dr. Eugene Fine Uses Ketogenic Diet In RECHARGE Cancer Trial