Feb 5, 2014
Ketogenic cancer researcher Dr. Thomas Seyfried is our guest today for this LLVLC Show Classic from our golden archives in Episode 777 of "The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show."
Today we dip into our wealth of incredible audio from years gone by for this very special LLVLC Show Classic episode featuring a man who dared to think outside the box when it comes to a critical health issue like brain cancer. When Jimmy had the privilege of speaking with a Boston College-based professor and cancer researcher named Dr. Thomas Seyfried several years back, little did he realize at the time just how quickly the idea of a low-carb, high-fat, ketogenic diet would catch on as an alternative treatment for brain cancer and other cancers. But Dr. Seyfried has been at the forefront of promoting this concept, conducting his own laboratory research, and even writing the seminal textbook about it in 2012 called Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer. Listen in as Jimmy and Dr. Seyfried discuss why he believes calorie restriction is an important element in ketogenic cancer therapy, the results he has seen with this nutritional approach in mouse studies, how an annual one-week fast could be an effective cancer prevention strategy (which Jimmy ended up doing for himself in 2011), and a whole lot more. We've gotpodcasting gold for you today in this special LLVLC Show Classic episode! And don't miss seeing the "Moment Of Clarity" quotes from Dr. Seyfried as one of the experts featured in Jimmy's upcoming August 2014 book Keto Clarity.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 777
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Join Jimmy Moore's Livin' Low-Carb Meal Plan
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Glycosolve with berberine and banaba leaf
- Dr. Thomas Seyfried bio
- Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer
- Cancer As A Metabolic Disease Facebook page
- DONATE to support Dr. Seyfried's ketogenic diet cancer research
- VIDEO: Dr. Mercola Interviews Professor Thomas Seyfried
- 2012 Ancestral Health Symposium VIDEO: Targeting Energy Metabolism in Brain Cancer
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #738: Miriam Kalamian Offers Hope To Cancer Patients With The Ketogenic Diet
- RELATED PODCAST: ATLCX #31: Dr. Colin Champ | Ketogenic Diets And Cancer
- RELATED BLOG POST: "Seyfried Cancer Textbook Cites My 7-Day Fast Experience"
- RELATED BLOG POST: "High-Fat, Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet For Cancer Featured On The 700 Club"
- Keto Clarity: Unleash The Health Benefits Of A Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet