May 13, 2015
Habit-building specialist, popular podcaster, and perennial New York Times bestselling author Gretchen Rubin is our guest today in Episode 960 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
Breaking bad habits and behaviors can seem like an impossible thing to do because the pull to keep doing the same things you are used to doing is so incredibly strong. But for a former clerk for Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor-turned-writer named Gretchen Rubin, bringing about change is all about creating new good habits that are much more desirable while making your old bad habits into something you just don't have any desire to do anymore. If you've never heard of Gretchen before, she's a pretty big deal in the publishing world selling over two million copies of her books worldwide in more than thirty languages. Her 2009 classic book The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun was a runaway New York Times hit and now she's back with her much-anticipated follow-up release (which has already hit the New York Times bestsellers list) called Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives. She's also got an extremely popular self-help iTunes podcast entitled Happier with Gretchen Rubin that's worth checking out. Listen in as Jimmy and Gretchen talk about her support for low-carb living ever since reading Gary Taubes' 2010 book Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It, her "Four Tendencies" quiz, and a whole lot more!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 960
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Check out Katie's Keep It Real Food Co. grain-free, low-carb snacks
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the 2015 Ketonix breath ketone analyzer from Ketonix.com
- Gretchen Rubin bio
- Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives
- The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin iTunes podcast
- "Ta-Da! The Launch of My Quiz on the Four Tendencies. Learn About Yourself!"