Jul 29, 2015
Nutritional health research scientist Dr. Stephanie Seneff is our special guest today in this LLVLC Show Classic from our golden archives in Episode 987 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
In the months of June and July, our host Jimmy Moore has been taking some time away from his regular podcast schedule. So on Wednesdays, he decided to air some of his favorite older LLVLC Show Classic episodes that are no longer on iTunes. And today we have the last one before he returns to his normal podcasting schedule next week and it's a great one featuring a Senior Research Scientist in the Computer Science and Artficial Intelligence Laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute For Technology (MIT) named Stephanie Seneff (who was one of Jimmy's featured experts in his 2013 book Cholesterol Clarity). Dr. Seneff has long been sounding the alarm on the detrimental role of carbohydrates in our diet and how it has led to rampant obesity and chronic disease. If you've never heard her before, then you are in for a real treat. Since the original airing of this interview, Dr. Seneff has gone on to sound the alarm on the role GMOs and glyphosphate in products like RoundUp are having on the prevalence of the development autism in children (watch the video below).
Listen in as Jimmy and Dr. Seneff discuss how she became interested in nutrition as an MIT researcher, how her daughter-in-law getting put on statins got her "obsessed" with looking into this topic, the published research she has had in prominent medical journals, how sugar radically damages small LDL particle, how to get the low-carb, high-fat message out to the masses, the tactics used by pharmaceutical companies to drum of fear about cholesterol, the intricate role carbohydrates play in Alzheimer's disease (aka Type 3 diabetes), four rising health issues connected to having low LDL cholesterol, why she believes nobody should ever take a statin drug, why eating fructose is sure to lead to stored body fat, the health consequences of having a chronic deficiency in dietary fat, vitamin D, calcium and sulfur, what has happened to health as a result of demonizing cholesterol and sunbathing, why you want to be taking vitamin D sulfate and not vitamin D2 prescribed by your doctor, and so much more! We've always been impressed by the information shared by Dr. Seneff and this was our first experience that you will quickly see why this became an LLVLC Show Classic episode. ENJOY!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 987
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Try the Green Guru Nutrition energy supplements
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the Primal Life Organics Paleo Skincare Starter Package for just $49
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Try the new Salted Caramel and Banana Cream Quest Protein Powders
- Dr. Stephanie Seneff bio
- Seneff's review article "Nutrition and Alzheimer's disease: The detrimental role of a high carbohydrate diet"
- Seneff's review article "Is the metabolic syndrome caused by a high fructose, and relatively low fat, low cholesterol diet?"
- "APOE-4: The Clue to Why Low Fat Diet and Statins May Cause Alzheimer's"
- Dr. Seneff on Facebook
- Dr. Seneff on Twitter
- RELATED PODCAST: The LLVLC Show #720: Cholesterol Clarity Interview With MIT Research Scientist Stephanie Seneff