Feb 20, 2013
Today, we present a previously-aired, four part interview with Dr. Dean Ornish, all in one remastered and re-formatted episode. Listen in as Dr. Ornish talks about his book The Spectrum and where he feels Low-Carbers and Low-Fat adherents should be in agreement.
This episode originally aired over four days in February and March of 2008 as episodes 115-118 of the LLVLC show. While we don't have the original raw audio of the interview any longer, we were able to pull the audio from the published episodes and even improve it a bit with modern audio software!
What's really interesting is that this isn't the first time Jimmy interviewed Dr. Ornish. After their first interview, Dr. Ornish requested that Jimmy should really challenge him and be more assertive. Of course Jimmy didn't need to be asked twice! This one, while still polite, was far more challenging and a bit contentious, as well. This is really a "Do Not Miss" episode!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 657
- GET MONTHLY LOW-CARB MENU SUPPORT: Jimmy Moore's Livin' Low Carb Meal Plan
- STAY CONNECTED WITH JIMMY: Jimmy Moore's LLVLC iPhone app
- Dr. Dean Ornish bio
- The Ornish Spectrum
- VIDEO: Dean Ornish, M.D. at 2012 TEDxSF (7 Billion Well)
- Larry Istrail responds to Dr. Ornish criticisms of Atkins diet
- RELATED BLOG POST: Here’s Your Chance, Dean Ornish: Admit A High-Fat, Low-Carb Diet Is Healthy
- RELATED BLOG POST: Note To Dr. Dean Ornish: We DON’T All Agree About What Is Considered Healthy
- RELATED BLOG POST: Post-Ornish Interview Challenge To Low-Fat And Low-Carb Supporters