Oct 22, 2013
Paleo blogger and podcaster Kaila Prins is our interview guest today in Episode 741 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
One of the biggest unspoken, taboo topics that you rarely hear discussed within any health community is the subject of eating disorders. Anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating and more are probably a lot more common than we'd like to admit. And when you add other addictive, compulsive actions to this, it can be a recipe for health disaster all under the guise of becoming healthier. This is something our interview guest today knows more than a thing or two about. Her name is Kaila Prins from the "In My Skinny Genes" blog and she spent 13 years of her life attempting to battle both an eating disorder and exercise addiction with a variety of strategies before finding the Paleo diet. She is the voice behind the blog “In My Skinny Genes” and the deeply philosophic health podcast called “Finding Our Hunger" helping others seeking solace from their addictions.
Listen in as Jimmy and Kaila talk about her personal journey with addiction, how she endured through yo-yo diets, calorie counting, full-fledged anorexia, and even veganism for so many years of her life, how the Paleo template helped her successfully kick start and sustain her recovery, why she thinks the Paleo community should start focusing on helping people learn how to eat properly rather than weight loss or perfection, why she began her blog and how it has morphed into what it is now, her work with fellow actress Ito Aghayere on the most unique podcast in the Paleo community, how she is helping others learn how to beat their addictions as a health coach, and so much more! This was a deep conversation with someone who has become a great friend to Jimmy Moore over the past year. Share this podcast with anyone you know struggling with an eating disorder and exercise addiction.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 741
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Register for Sean Croxton's "Real Food Con"
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Glycosolve with berberine (Use coupon code "THANKYOU" for 10% off)
- Kaila Prins bio
- Kaila's "In My Skinny Genes" blog
- "Finding Our Hunger" podcast
- "Finding Our Hunger" podcast on iTunes
- Hire Kaila Prins for Health Coaching
- Kaila Prins on Twitter
- Kaila Prins on Facebook
- RELATED PODCAST: Low-Carb Conversations #66: Todd Dosenberry And Kaila Prins Explain Why Food Should Not Be Your Religion
- RELATED PODCAST: Low-Carb Conversations #76: Kaila Prins And Hadass Eviatar Discuss The Travesty Of 100-Calorie Packs