Oct 23, 2013
Personal trainer, Paleo blogger and podcaster Tony Federico is our interview guest today in Episode 742 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.”
At the recent 2013 Ancestral Health Symposium (#AHS13) in Atlanta, Georgia a couple of months back, Jimmy got to hear a lot of incredible talks about various aspects of nutrition, fitness and health. But there was one presentation that stuck out in his mind as the most innovative and applicable to his listening audience. It was shared by one of his fellow bloggers and podcasters named Tony Federico, a health and fitness specialist who is the man behind the "Live Caveman" blog and host of the "Paleo Magazine Radio" podcast.
Tony's 2013 Ancestral Health Symposium lecture was a mind-blowing one entitled "Processed Foods and Processed Friends: Is Facebook a Neolithic Agent of Disease?" that may make you put down that iPhone and step away from social media for periods of time. Tony believes that chronic daily use of social media can create dependency and is a threat to emotional and psychological well-being just as over consumption of energy dense foods can lead to diabetes, heart disease, and other diseases of civilization. Moderating the consumption of "processed friends" is just as important as moderating the consumption of processed foods for maintaining and improving total health and wellness. Hmmmm.
Listen to Jimmy and Tony share how he came up with his talk for #AHS13, the reaction he received to his lecture, the role technology should play in the life of a healthy Paleo lifestyle, why social media relationships can be just as toxic to your health as consuming processed foods, three easy ways we can reconnect with the authentic relationships we have in real life, how he became the host of "Paleo Magazine Radio," the June 2014 release of his book Paleo Grilling: A Modern Caveman's Guide to Cooking with Fire, and so much more! If you're like most of us and live virtually online more often than you do in your real life, then perhaps this podcast interview with Tony will give you some things to think about.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 742
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Register for Sean Croxton's "Real Food Con"
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Quest Nutrition's brand new White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bars
- Tony Federico bio
- Tony's "Live Caveman" blog
- "Paleo Magazine Radio" (PMR) hosted by Tony Federico
- Tony Federico on Facebook
- 2013 Ancestral Health Symposium (#AHS13)
- COMING JUNE 2014: Paleo Grilling: A Modern Caveman's Guide to Cooking with Fire by Tony Federico on Fair Winds Press
- RELATED PODCAST: Low-Carb Conversations #30: Tony Federico And Marisa Peer On Cholesterol Myths And Reducing Healthcare Costs